• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 1.3A GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mackan

Which one of the new Tulatin Celerons should I get? To get the latest 1.3 GHz feels tempting, but I want to run it at 133 fsb. Will that be possible with aircooling? Or watercooling? What do you think?

Well, for starters, look in the CPU database. I don't know if there are any entries in there yet for that new of a chip, but it's a good place to start.

I don't know if one of those things can hit 133 on air, from what I've seen, that's pushing it for one of those chips. Some 1.2s can do it, but the chips that go really high are the 1.0As. I've seen people hitting 140-150 FSB with those things.

ol' man said:
With H2O cooling it should hit 1733MHz.

That might be pushing it a little far with staight watercooling. You might have to go with pelt/watercooling or phase change and get the temps down to around 0° C to have a real good chance. I presently have my P3 1.26S chip at 1710 with pelt/watercool but it is a 512k L2 cache chip. The 256k cache chips like the Celeron T's might overclock a little better than the server P3 chips. I would still try it with the 1.2 instead as you will have a lot better chance of making 133 fsb or better with it and using watercooling.

It maybe can just that you need some good cooling. But why the 1.3 get the 1.0a instead those chips are kicking the FSB up so high!

Yodums

Back