• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any*mods*for*a*MacBook?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDluvr

Registered
I*have*a*Unibody*13in*MacBook.*I*assume*there*isn't*really*anything*you*can*do*to*it*aside*maybe*better*thermal*paste,*but*figured*I'd*ask.

I*ment*more*along*the*lines*of*performance.

I'm*not*sure*whats*up*with*the*asterisks,*its*only*happening*with*this*website.

The asterisks are kinda annoying =P

As far as I know as soon as you change the hardware on a Mac the computer just stops working. Certainly with the old macs that I've tested this with just didn't work after installing new hardware of any kind (including the basic stuff like RAM)

You*look*silly.

Fix your settings or stop trying to look smarter than all of us with your fancy new post format... :D

It*ONLY*does*this*on*THIS*site.*I*didn't*change*anything*it*just*happened*and*ONLY*here.*Other*sites*are*fine.

I see spaces in the above post... and your signature looks perfectly normal. Anyway... what kinds of mods are you looking for? Upgrades or just things that can be modded.

Anything*performance*related*aside*from*"add*ram*and*faster*hdd"

yeah*i*see*spaces*too...*But*I*know*know*why.*This*just*started*tonight.

Lol, i'd look into getting that fixed first :p

And it's a Mac... the only things you can do is add RAM and a faster Hard drive (aka an SSD)
Hence why most of us use PCs for gaming...

What are you trying to do? The Airport card is a Mini PCIe slot. You could add something there and use a USB dongle for wireless.

The 13" MacBook is just like most laptops out there hardware wise. Name brand laptops tend to not offer a lot of expandability and tweakability. Most of the laptops out there with MXM slots and multiple PCIe slots tend to be pretty stout to begin with. If you want to do a lot of tweaking you'll need to get a bare laptop and build it from the ground up.

Another option would be hiding USB devices internally like what has been done on the EeePC forums.

Back