• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a 5850, Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xlivewire7x

Okay, I'm looking into getting a 5850 for my upcoming birthday and noticed that the prices on newegg seem kind of high. I've seen people posting around on forums (sorry, no links) saying that the prices are around $280 for them. On The Egg they have them for $320+! Where are people buying their cards from?
Also, is the Vapor-X cooling worth it in the Sapphire cards? I would love to get my hands on one but I can't find anywhere that sells it, not even The Egg.
Thanks!

I picked mine up from Newegg, stock asus 5850. stock cooler is on the loud side if you overclock and wanna keep lower temps, so i added a zalman vf1000 and it's working great.

Okay, I'm looking into getting a 5850 for my upcoming birthday and noticed that the prices on newegg seem kind of high. I've seen people posting around on forums (sorry, no links) saying that the prices are around $280 for them. On The Egg they have them for $320+! Where are people buying their cards from?
Also, is the Vapor-X cooling worth it in the Sapphire cards? I would love to get my hands on one but I can't find anywhere that sells it, not even The Egg.
Thanks!

I've got a very good overclock on my ASUS with stock cooler. Look at the temperatures. They're good and I use a maximum of 36% fan speed, which you will barely hear at all.

I picked mine up from Newegg, stock asus 5850. stock cooler is on the loud side if you overclock and wanna keep lower temps, so i added a zalman vf1000 and it's working great.

Do you have a picture of that? I would very much like to see that!

Back