• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extremely Slow Wireless.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I've got a router that has been working perfectly up until about 3 or 4 days ago.

This is how my network is set up:

Comcast Cable Modem -> ClarkConnect Server -> TrendNet Wireless Router

I've recently reset all of them. The ClarkConnect server handles all DHCP functions, and the wireless just handles the WIFI as an access point.

All the wired devices work perfect, 20-30Mbps on speedtest.net.

Now with the wireless. I have a G1 and a Toshiba Laptop. (See Sig)

I'm getting 0.86Mbps on both wireless devices. I've reset the router, reset the firmware, and even reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop. The Andriod has also been reflashed. Also changed the channel.

All the wired devices are connected to the router. Does anyone have any information why this would happen. I've checked DNS settings, checked for dropped packets, and everything looks good.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

731777029.png
My Upload is better than download.

Last edited:
if it is happening on both, happened at the same time, and still happening after doing all you've done... then there is a new, massive source of interference in the area.

have you changed anything in the house? Wiring, lighting, lightbulbs? Changed curtains on the windows iin the room with the wifi router? Anything at all?

Something has changed that has introduced a lot of interference.

P.S. I don't want you to consider the alternative of the wireless radio in the router is going out until all other alternatives have been considered.

The only thing that has been added was a powerline ethernet adapter to hook up my directv service to ondemand. DirecTV has been installed for 2 months now, and this problem just popped up about a week ago.

Nothing has been changed environmentally, except those powerline adapters. Wireless worked great when I first installed them as well.

just for kicks and giggles.... remove them from the equation. It's possible that they are causing EM interference on the 2.4ghz spectrum... especially if it's an older house with unshielded/poorly shielded electrical wiring.

That is true. I'm at my girlfriends house, and the wireless on my laptop works perfectly. So I'm glad that it's not my laptop.

When I get home, I'll check those out.

I swapped the router out with an exact same model, and the wireless went back to normal. It looks like the router was having issues of some sort. Thanks for the help guys.

Back