• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

Hi all

My file server keeps crashing overnight. I get this message IRLQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL. My system is Windows 7 pro 64 bit, E6300, 4sticks 1GB patriot memory. AB9Pro mobo, WD 500gig system drive, 2x 2TB drives 3X 1TB drives in RAID5. 9600GT 512 MB video card. I recently changed video cards, but was getting this error before and after the change. Any ideas?

ok, ran memtest86, first pass=OK 2nd pass=fail, other than testing one stick at a time is there any way to figure out which stick is failing? BTW, why would I need more Vcore? i'm running everything stock!

i had the same problem before

turns out the bios was setting the ram to 1T

i updated the bios to ensure the ram wuz running at 2T

^^^ If this doesn't help you, I'd bump the Vdimm a touch, and run Memtest again on both sticks. If you get another failure, there's no way around testing them 1 at a time. You'll have to remove all but 1 stick and test it, preferably overnight.

ok, found the problem, all 4 sticks did not match
they all had the same part number, which is what fooled me, but 2 sticks had 4-4-4-4 timing and the other 2 had 4-4-4-12 timing, swapped them for matching ram and all is now good. Thanks guys

Back