• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo external found but can't read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svetko

I just reinstalled win 7 ultimate and i have a problem with my external USB hard drive (Buffalo MiniStation). Here are the facts:

- the system recognizes the drive as BUFFALO INC. USB-SATA Bridge under "Devices" but I don't see it in Computer, so I can't access it (why does it find it as SATA, and what's "SATA Bridge" anyway?

- I didn't have this problem before, while I was running the evaluation version of win 7 - everything was fine

- I can still see my other USB drive, so I think my USB ports are woriking fine

- I can see it with no problem on my laptop

- I tried both using the USB power cable that comes with it and without - no difference

- I also installed the USB-turbo software that i found for this disk, but this didn't change anything

Any suggestions? :confused:

Right click "My Computer" and hit "Manage". Find the "Disk Management" or "Logical Disk Manager" section and click on it. It will be listed here.

If you see it listed, right click and set its drive letter.

Right click "My Computer" and hit "Manage". Find the "Disk Management" or "Logical Disk Manager" section and click on it. It will be listed here.

If you see it listed, right click and set its drive letter.

Yes, I see the disk there as "Basic, 298.09 GB Online" and I tried all that - clicked on Change Drive Letter and Paths.. - but it doesn't let me do anything - I get a message saying:

-----
The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer.
-----

Tried all this - restarted the computer, refreshed a million times - same thing..

I had the same problem as Svetko - an external Buffalo DriveStation was not appearing in Windows 7 Home Premium as a Drive in My Computer but appeared in Devices as buffalo inc. usb-sata bridge. Right clicking properties to populate the drive was no help. I googled "buffalo inc. usb-sata bridge" and came accross thideras solution on Overclockers.com and have registered to thank you for the solution to my problem!! I have four Buffalo external drives and was resigned to consigning them to the bin after searching for nearly 2 months searching for a solution - Buffalo Inc were no help at all and I'm still waiting for Microsoft to come back to me. Thank you thideras and thanks Overclockers.com

I had the same problem as Svetko - an external Buffalo DriveStation was not appearing in Windows 7 Home Premium as a Drive in My Computer but appeared in Devices as buffalo inc. usb-sata bridge. Right clicking properties to populate the drive was no help. I googled "buffalo inc. usb-sata bridge" and came accross thideras solution on Overclockers.com and have registered to thank you for the solution to my problem!! I have four Buffalo external drives and was resigned to consigning them to the bin after searching for nearly 2 months searching for a solution - Buffalo Inc were no help at all and I'm still waiting for Microsoft to come back to me. Thank you thideras and thanks Overclockers.com
No problem :thup:

Back