• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360 Controller on Cod4 PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j0hnsm1th

Ok, so basically, I want to use my 360 controller on pc until I get a decent gaming mouse and keyboard, and I just overall prefer the controllers feel, I have tried xpadder, and can't seem to get a decent configuration, does anybody have any ideas?

It doesn't support controllers at all (neither does number 2) so it's xPadder or nothing. What do you dislike about xPadder? The only bad thing is when moving it's either on or off so no slow walking.

It doesn't support controllers at all (neither does number 2) so it's xPadder or nothing. What do you dislike about xPadder? The only bad thing is when moving it's either on or off so no slow walking.

I just feel that it is complicated when mapping the keys, I mapped it out as close to xbox as I could, but some button combinations, just seem impossible, ie, on xbox, the x button is reload and hold x to pick up a weapon, whereas x padder doesn't make it clear how to double map a button, also, I notice the y axis on the right analogue stick (mouse movement) is a lot looser/quicker than the x axis. Other than this, I mapped all of my buttons correctly, its just getting used to it that is difficult I suppose, as I am hopeless with KB and mouse :(

Well u arent going to get un-hopeless without practice :p

I was the other way... I was hopeless in fps' with a controller on consoles, but now ive gotten pretty darn good. I still prefer kb/mouse though...

You need this
http://www.google.com/products/cata...ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBoQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

You could use the charge cord accept it doesn't deal with the signal rather just the charging portion of the controller.

Get the gaming receiver and plug it in a USB and it will recognize it. Then google for the xbox360 controller configuration utility and set it up how you want it.

They stopped selling just the receivers in stores(they used to be 19.99) I can't find them anywhere so I'm going to get one off the net as well.

I hope this helps

You need this
http://www.google.com/products/cata...ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBoQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

You could use the charge cord accept it doesn't deal with the signal rather just the charging portion of the controller.

Get the gaming receiver and plug it in a USB and it will recognize it. Then google for the xbox360 controller configuration utility and set it up how you want it.

They stopped selling just the receivers in stores(they used to be 19.99) I can't find them anywhere so I'm going to get one off the net as well.

I hope this helps

That was kinda off topic... He already has the controller he just can't use it in COD4.

Also with the aiming stick select the options and there's an option that makes it a LOT better. I haven't used the program in a while sorry but the only big problem is the actual forward backward left and right control.

There is a site somewhere with profiles but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Not sure what else to suggest :/

You need this

I hope this helps

I have the plug and charge cable AND the wireless reciever, which I picked up for £8 at a gamestation the other day :p it was the last in stock :L

That was kinda off topic... He already has the controller he just can't use it in COD4.

Also with the aiming stick select the options and there's an option that makes it a LOT better. I haven't used the program in a while sorry but the only big problem is the actual forward backward left and right control.

There is a site somewhere with profiles but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Not sure what else to suggest :/

That is exactly what I was looking for, a profile site, if you find this site, please be sure to let me know :)

Try pinaccle gamer profiler, there's a free trial i think. On their forums there are also premade profiles. I don't think there is a way to have buttons work by holding though. And the sensitivity will stay the same when hipfiring or aiming down the sights. There also would not be that huge aim assist there is in COD games.

Some folks like keyboard/mouse; others love gamepads.

I like a hybrid style! Hold the controller in your left hand to walk around and use a few keys, and hold your mouse in the right to aim, fire, reload, grenade, change weapon, melee, etc (depends on how many mouse buttons you have and how creative you are).

With the controller in your left hand you still get the 2 triggers, 4 buttons via the D-pad, the click-in on the left joystick, and the back button w/n easy reach.

It's a little extra work to get it all to work right, but I still prefer it.

I have the plug and charge cable AND the wireless reciever, which I picked up for £8 at a gamestation the other day :p it was the last in stock :L

8 bucks? :O LUCKY! It's 45 bucks over here in the UK ;__;
Also I'll try and find it sometime. I might actually have the profile on this compy so I'll have a look soonish.

Woah so let me get this straight. You got the controller AND a wireless receiver for under a tenner? If so then you got an amazingly good deal :(
Just wondering can you use 2 wireless controllers from 1 receiver?

Also I went through my old HDD and tried to find the site, no luck sorry :(

Woah so let me get this straight. You got the controller AND a wireless receiver for under a tenner? If so then you got an amazingly good deal :(
Just wondering can you use 2 wireless controllers from 1 receiver?

Also I went through my old HDD and tried to find the site, no luck sorry :(

I can't test 2, as my previous controller died of gamerage (R.I.P) but, when I went to buy my new one, I noticed the wireless receiver in a cabinet for £8, and I had £26 voucher which was enough for a black wireless controller plus the adapter :D

It's not a 360 controller though o_O
I think it was a bit to off topic. If it was a different controller that could help him somehow it would be alright.
I think that's how the rules go :p

It's not a 360 controller though o_O
I think it was a bit to off topic. If it was a different controller that could help him somehow it would be alright.
I think that's how the rules go :p

Lol, true, but still a nice idea, however for that price, I'd rather just pretend to play :L, If you want a wireless receiver for the xbox controller, I can sell you mine? I only bought it because I didn't realise I could use my plug and charge cable :s, and I sit around 1 metre away from my pc/xbox anyway :L

Yeah, the price shown is on the high side. I got mine for $40 off the egg, they have it for $50 atm. I only mentioned it because it isn't a bad alternative if the controller won't work right or the way that is wanted.

Back