• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new 3d vantage score...Can someone explain it to me how it factored?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

http://service.futuremark.com/home....C890199A117162?resultId=1948689&resultType=19

Score of 22337. What I don't get is why my processor is considered better than the world record holder's. I mean his score is still better than mine probably cuz of a super-clocked crossfired setup. I mean that's common sense, but why is my processor rated higher?

specs are:

Silverstone TJ09 case
EVGA X58 LE mobo
6 gigs of mushkin DDR3 ram 7-8-7-20
Core i7 920 @ 4.0ghz, HT enabled, cooled by a TRUE Copper
MSI Radeon 5870 @ 952/1301
XFX ECO 9800gt (stock) acting physx passively cooled by a thermalright v2
Xonar Essence STX audiophile soundcard
Enermax revolutions 85+ 1050w psu
2x supertalent ultradrives me ssds raid 0
2x 1.5tb hdds (forget brand) think its western digital.

Last edited:
I have no idea. I can't say that 3DMarks has ever made sense to me. He is running at 5.1GHz according to his stats, and I am sure his 5870 is a screaming banshee. The only thing I can think of is that website misinterpreted his score when printing out details.

I have seen my 4.0 show up as 3.7 so, Its a safe bet to say its just a typo and that the score is legit.

I have no idea. I can't say that 3DMarks has ever made sense to me. He is running at 5.1GHz according to his stats, and I am sure his 5870 is a screaming banshee. The only thing I can think of is that website misinterpreted his score when printing out details.

I have seen my 4.0 show up as 3.7 so, Its a safe bet to say its just a typo and that the score is legit.

Well how does my score compare to others running similiar setups? Could it be cuz im running physx with the genL physx mod and ssds? Im new to this I hope my score is pretty good to offset my noobishness.

This is my SLI 260s with my i5 750.

4.2-700-1509-3DMark06.PNG

About equivalent to a GTX 295 or a 5870, you be the judge

I will run my i7 860 at 4.0 in a second. Hopefully it passes as it doesn't clock as nice as my i5 did.

Its not bad, it is the clock speed that gets ya.

i7%20860%20-%20700.PNG

Those extra 200 MHz made all the difference. And.... because of the FSB the RAMs are running at their best.

See if you can get your i7 to 4.2 then try it again. I bet you hit 25k.

My CPU Score is a tad bit better. I know my RAM were running just above 1600 instead of 1524.

Overclock your Video Card to about 1030. You will probably see your score jump up a couple thousand.

Last edited:
Back