• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel 766mhz celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

curt02

Registered
i have 766mhz with pheoniz bios4 ver 6.0 i need to upgrade but i cant find out what mother board i have i need help . i set the frequency multi to 9x will it help and how do i find out the mother board type any help is apperciated thanks curtis

Looking on the motherboard tends to help. :) Look for any numbers/names and plug those into a search engine.

Changing the multiplier won't help any since the CPU multiplier is locked. On all current Intel CPUs.

Many motherboard manufacturers put the brand name/model between PCI slots, look there. Also, if you haven't done so already, read the beginner guides on the home page. It will give you a basic understanding of what you need to do to overclock.

more info on 766mhz

the numbers on the edge of the board are mat#115661
cognac 20000731 revg and the bios info is pheonixbios 4.0
release 6.0 the chip set is intel whitney 82810 rev 3 and the
superio is ite 8702f rev 5 found at port 2eh i hope this help i need a manual to see my upgrade limitations thanks any help will be appericated thanks curtis

like Yodems said, use SiSoft Sandra to determine what mobo it is, or you may have some luck by going to phoenix's website. Sometimes you can get lucky and determine the mobo by tracing the BIOS...sometimes. But Sandra is your best bet.

From the info you gave, it's an intel 810 chipset board. Looking at this page you may be limited to 66 or 100 FSB CPUs.

You'll have to actually search a little to find information on a mystery board.

hey thanks to everyone on the advice i used sisandra and found the board to be a trigem cognac man this is a night mare ..
i got a manual and its very limited doesnt go into detail about max cpu it list tbd and the ram is limited to 256max total i have that any ideas on the cpu limit i would like to put in a 1gz do you think this cognac can handle it .. im still not sure on the bus speed the bios does not tell much and cant change it much either.. it might be a 100mhz but not sure how can i tell .thanks any comment s would be appreciated curtis

Hewitt Packard PC?

Never heard of that manufacturer. Checked and some HP PCs came back for results, Korean made, and little support...

Pinky said:
Hewitt Packard PC?

Never heard of that manufacturer. Checked and some HP PCs came back for results, Korean made, and little support...

Looks like it's used in eMachines, too. And I get the feeling that's what the system is.

Back