• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second GPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PretzelPusher

Ok... I am completely new to folding, so if this has been covered I appologize.

I just added a second GPU to my system. Is there a way I can set this one up for folding as well?? I threw it in here just for the purpose and I have reinstalled display drivers.

Thx.

Sure thing! and :welcome: to Team32!!! :beer:

Lots of helpful people and Mentors here... you joined a great team!!

In refererence to your question, Multi GPU setup can be found here

But please, ask away, its sometimes a pain to dig through the topics... us helping hand guys and forum addicts need something to do anyways!!! :rock:

Ok... I'm seriously confused now. I got both clients set up, but when I try to start client two on GPU1 it says that the GPU may need new drivers or is not supported. I don't get it because GPU0 is running without an issue......

Do the cards have to be identical???? Because I am using a 250 and a 275. Is that the issue??

Ok... I'm seriously confused now. I got both clients set up, but when I try to start client two on GPU1 it says that the GPU may need new drivers or is not supported. I don't get it because GPU0 is running without an issue......

Do the cards have to be identical???? Because I am using a 250 and a 275. Is that the issue??

you either need to hook up a monitor or a dummy plug (or in my case, the VGA input for my one monitor is used by my second vid card, while my 260 uses the DVI input) :D

The cards don't have to be identical. I assume you have -gpu 0 in the start string of the first gpu and -gpu 1 in the start string of the second card. You may also have to add -forcegpu nvidia_g80 to the second gpu start string if you don't have a monitor attached. Depending on the OS, you may also have to have a dummy plug or monitor on the 2nd card.

Also, depending on the Win version, you may have to extend the desktop on to the 2nd card.

If it turns out you need a dummy plug, PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Ok... ya, I had a second monitor and plugged it into the second GPU.... all is well and working correctly now.... WOOT!!!!

Thnks again guys.... you rock!!!!

Im using a dummy plug and -forcegpu nvidia_g80 in win XP.
No extending desktop.
Its working for me on 3 machines.

If you reboot be sure the 2nd monitor is attached or the 2nd gpu may stop folding...

Ok... well, I guess I'm going to be full of questions here.....

First.... My GPU is not overclocked but reaching 85-87 deg. Is this normal???? I only see about 70 or so gaming.

second.... My first WU is at 91% and is showing a status of HUNG.... what on earth does that mean????

Download EVGA Precision and you can then manually bump up the Fan speeds to around 65-70% should be enough to drop Temps back, also is great for OC too

I've tested fan setting's on several cards and found the sweet spot to be between 70% and 85% on all of them. I'm defining the sweet spot as the FDC that maintains a max temp of within 2 degrees of 100% FDC.

hehe... testing... I just leave up at 100% and my computer room sounds like a large server room with one box... its even more fun when I'm on my IP software phone and it sounds like a hair-drier is running in the background :p

Back