• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New nvidia drivers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94297
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Deleted member 94297

Well, i have a problem installing these drivers. The latest, from the official website. It starts the installation and averything, but first two times my computer has crashed (from the sound i can say my HDD stopped for a second). Afterwards i'v restarted my pc one more time and it had no drivers. So i'v tired to install one more time (many times after that) and it just wrote the system has not been modified. My card's 8800gt.

By the way, my HDD has stopped yesterday when i was saving a bgi video file. That's the first time i think. But that's not my HDD's problem, because everything else is working.

Waitaminute; "By the way, my HDD has stopped yesterday when i was saving a bgi video file. That's the first time i think. But that's not my HDD's problem, because everything else is working."

So if your hdd stopped working, it isn't a hdd problem? :confused: That's a new one on me.

If your system keeps crashing and it's not overclocked, then it's a power issue. What power supply do you have? Make, model #

Try installing the previous drivers before the latest for your os:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

I'm using the betas 196.34 with zero issues.

I'v found the drivers released before this version on my PC, i'v installed them, everything works fine. That's why i'm saying it's not my HDD problem about drivers.

I'v used this PC for almost year and a half, no new parts added, so it's not power supply issue i guess, plus no other things stopped (coolers for example).

My power supply's came with my case, i could find it, but i don't think it'd help you, because not much info there's about the power supply, except that it's 400W one. I'd like to buy a silent one, then my pc would be under ~18DBs, so it's almost silent. If i want, i could make it under 12DBs, but i have no money, plus it's not wort buying, because lots of new stuff coming this summer (i'v heard about SATA3, DDR4, new Nvidia's cards, MBs and CPUs).

Freezes. After that i'm restarting my PC manually (the button on the box).

Before you go into all sorts of testing, try plugging the SATA cable from your harddrive into a different port on the motherboard and see if that helps. I had what I think is a similarly sounding problem with my setup. I suspected the drive, but then tested it in another computer and it was fine. The problem was that the SATA port on my board was bad.

So just power down, swap to another port, boot up, check your BIOS to make sure the boot priorities are still the same, then give it a try in Windows :thup:

Not a guarantee, just something to try :)

I can't do that at the moment. Probably will try tommorow.
If you interested why i cannot do that, i'm hosting a game server on my computer... Not playing much myself, just hosting.
Would be nice to hear more opinions and suggestions, especially related to computer restart.

Well, i have a problem installing these drivers. The latest, from the official website. It starts the installation and averything, but first two times my computer has crashed (from the sound i can say my HDD stopped for a second). Afterwards i'v restarted my pc one more time and it had no drivers. So i'v tired to install one more time (many times after that) and it just wrote the system has not been modified. My card's 8800gt.

By the way, my HDD has stopped yesterday when i was saving a bgi video file. That's the first time i think. But that's not my HDD's problem, because everything else is working.

Installed the new drivers fine here. Windows 7 x64. The new drivers really helped a lot in Battlefield Bad Company 2. :rock:

Looks like a good driver from the release notes..... but this part is a little confusing..

"Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340."

I thought the new stuff was going to be 400 series???

Are you sure that you downloaded the correct version. 32bit vs. 64bit???? Silly question maybe, but you never know.

New drivers working great on x64 Win7 Ultimate here.

Just a word of warning to some users, When installing nVidia drivers I've noticed that you no longer need to restart the system.

I would recommend restarting anyway, IE was flickering badly when I updated the drivers. Fixed with a restart :)

PretzelPusher: nVidia driver setup won't let you install the wrong bit (x??) drivers.

I'v got back from school and my pc was frozen. I'v reconnected my HDD to another slot after that. Let's see what's next.

Well, passed the error test and some time on benchmarking. Nothing, everything's good.

just chiming in , I also installed the 196.75 drivers, and with bad company 2 and anno 1404 venice I've been getting hard lock ups after 15 minutes or so of play, ( its consistent every time).

I am gonna manually increase the fan speed on my card and see it that helps.

just chiming in , I also installed the 196.75 drivers, and with bad company 2 and anno 1404 venice I've been getting hard lock ups after 15 minutes or so of play, ( its consistent every time).

I am gonna manually increase the fan speed on my card and see it that helps.

Sounds like that'll fix it until they release an update. Apparently the fan control is a problem in the latest release.

NVIDIA Driver Update Causing Video Cards To Overheat In Games

Sorry, but what do you mean RMA my board? Check it for errors?

Back