• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free copy Street Fighter 4, Res Evil 5, or Dark Void with Nvidia card @Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

Nvidia/Newegg is offering a free download of a full copy of the following titles with purchase of certain NVidia cards from Newegg.

With the card purchase you get a promo code which will allow you a digital download of these Capcom games:

• Street Fighter 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dark Void

NEWEGG LINK HERE

IMO, it maybe hard to justify an Nvidia purchase with ATI's price/performance on their 5 series, but to each his own. :)

Reduced Size.JPG

Nvidia/Newegg is offering a free download of a full copy of the following titles with purchase of certain NVidia cards from Newegg.

With the card purchase you get a promo code which will allow you a digital download of these Capcom games:

• Street Fighter 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dark Void

NEWEGG LINK HERE

IMO, it maybe hard to justify an Nvidia purchase with ATI's price/performance on their 5 series, but to each his own. :)

Word to the wise: When making a hardware purchasing decision, recognize that software titles depreciate at a different rate, and more importantly digitally distributed versions fluctuate wildly in value over time when you consider sales.

SF4 for example (which by the way I'd personally consider the most enjoyable of the three in this lineup), went on sale last Christmas on Steam for $9.99. SF4 is sure to drop to these levels again (or perhaps new copies will stop being stocked) in the near-future, since SSF4 is on the indeterminate but imminent horizon (end of March, last I read) - for consoles anyway. SSF4 if you weren't aware is SF4 + much added content, and will not be backwards-compatible as far as the online gaming community is concerned.

To make my point more simply: I advise against allowing the value of a game title to color your decision-making process when selecting the best GPU for your budget. Only after determining 2+ cards are neck-in-neck considering performance/budget/warranty should such things as free games be allowed to weigh in on the decision.

Last edited:
Back