• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reported fake Intel CPU sold at Newegg (first build ever - i7 920)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadrok

Registered
So I decided to get things rolling and document my progress through my first ever build, not to mention my new rig since my one from like 2002 just died and it was going to be more of a hassle to get her working again for shoddy performance.

soo... some stuff from the egg came in today... maybe half of what i ordered..
ill post those pics later but first i want to show you guys this.

Attachments

• box.JPG
    box.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 199,630
  • box2.JPG
    box2.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 198,687
  • label.JPG
    label.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 208,873
  • text.JPG
    text.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 208,772
  • sticker.JPG
    sticker.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 196,856
more pics

Attachments

• in plastic.JPG
    in plastic.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 196,177
  • fan n book.JPG
    fan n book.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 200,182
  • fan front.JPG
    fan front.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 195,272
  • fan back.JPG
    fan back.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 195,727
  • cpu front.JPG
    cpu front.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 195,135
more.. i got an RMA.. and now have to wait like 10 more days.. :bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Attachments

• cpu back.JPG
    cpu back.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 193,280
  • 0303001712a.jpg
    0303001712a.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 190,249
That's wild, wonder what happened there?

Sucks you have to wait, i hate waiting, especially in situations like that.

Well done on the documentary though, it amused me greatly :D

I didn't even realize this when I was first looking at this. So someone bought a 920, and then made a replica of the box (with typos), put a fake processor and fan in it, and then returned it to Newegg??

That's terrible!

Hey Who'd have thunk my bosses would have found a random thread on a forum I'm a member of.

We had 5 of these over here at my work yesterday. Guess I should've come over here to see if anyone else had it first thing.

I promise I'll do that next time :D

Also, I posted some pics on another forum where a member of newegg customer support has an account at. He sent me a PM regarding this. I referred him to this thread for you.

So I decided to get things rolling and document my progress through my first ever build, not to mention my new rig since my one from like 2002 just died and it was going to be more of a hassle to get her working again for shoddy performance.

Dear dreadrok,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent purchase. I would like to investigate this issue further and can promise Newegg will work toward your satisfaction in this matter.

Please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected] so this can be investigated and I can assist you accordingly

Don't know what to say lol never heard of something like this. Love the humour ^^

if i were to guess, I'd say this stuff was switched by the case at the very least.

The amount of effort taken to fake the packaging, heatsink, and CPU is far too great to just do a couple switcheroo's. This is probably someone in a warehouse or shipping facility swapping things out a case at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back