• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Looking to get me and my dad a copy of BC2 - he has an E6400 Core2Duo and I have an E8400 Core2Duo ... besides the supposed issues of performance with dual versus quad on this how is the overall gameplay?

Great fun!! I had been playing MW2 up until this was released so it took a bit of getting used to and it is so much better than MW2!!

Maps are large and varied... good selection of vehicles and its not impossible to destroy them either... hard to snipe so not as many people sit and snipe all day which is good...

Get it... it should run ok on your rig, maybe OC the processor a bit more and you will be playing it silky smooth... :D

Amazingly good :D
It's better than MW2. Better than MW1? I'm not sure.
At the start I wasn't expecting much after BC1 but after maybe 20 mins of gameplay I was hooked. Really enjoyable. 9.5/10 :)

The destructible environments are what really makes it unique. There really is no safe spot to hide.

I think the recent issues I was having with hard lock ups (screen freezes and I have to power down with my power button) is related to the Nvidia 196.75 drivers. so I am gonna roll them back. As the beta the month before ran fine for 20+ hours.

they are working out bugs. I removed my beta and it runs fine now. The game is great. My room mate has a e2140 clocked to 3.0 and a gtx260 me q9550 at stock speeds and a 5850 both rigs run outstanding!

There are some bugs. The main menu/server browser will make you want to kick puppies.

And again, like the beta for me, I see ZERO performance increases from dropping everything to low and tweaking the setting.ini file.

Hehe apparently my dad already splurged on a copy for himself, I'll have to follow in suit :)

Thx guys

Back