• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build, random bsod's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdfootball89

i ve had this rig running for a couple of omnths now and until about 2 weeks ago i hadnt had any bsod's. i havent done any hardware upgrading. and this was the code that came up with my last bsod.

oxoooooo9c(oxoooooooooooooooo,oxfffff 88oo3o9oc70,oxoooooooooooooooo,oxoooooooooooooooo)

first time it happened when i had just installed call of duty 4, in the first 5 minutes i got a bsod. then i uninstalled cod. then it happened yesterday while i did a fantasy baseball draft

i ve had this rig running for a couple of omnths now and until about 2 weeks ago i hadnt had any bsod's. i havent done any hardware upgrading. and this was the code that came up with my last bsod.

oxoooooo9c(oxoooooooooooooooo,oxfffff 88oo3o9oc70,oxoooooooooooooooo,oxoooooooooooooooo)

first time it happened when i had just installed call of duty 4, in the first 5 minutes i got a bsod. then i uninstalled cod. then it happened yesterday while i did a fantasy baseball draft

Looks like your CPU is unstable.

Mobo- Asus Rampage II extreme
CPU- intel i7 950
Ram- 3x2 gigs of corsair 1333, and one gig of corsair 1333 (could this be the problem)
video card- Asus radeon hd 4870
HDD- 2 300 gig raptors
Psu- antec 850
OS- windows 7

Cpu- idle is anywhere from 31-38 celsius, full load on prime95 their 52-58. on stock clock speed
Gpu- idleing at 49, but i dont know what the full loads are
the cpu only has a vcore of 1.0

could it be that i have 3x2 stick of corsair 1333 triple channel ddr3 and 1gb stick of corsair 1333 ddr3

I had the same problem with my new AMD Tri-core setup. The problem ended up being that my RAM wasn't being run at the voltage it was supposed to. I upped it to the required specs and timings, and things went back to normal. I would check your ram timings and voltage.

do u think that i should just take out that 1gig stick of ram? would that bring the other 6 gigs into their stock voltages and timings? if not what voltage and timing should they be at , its 3x2 gigs of corsair xms series 1333

do u think that i should just take out that 1gig stick of ram? would that bring the other 6 gigs into their stock voltages and timings? if not what voltage and timing should they be at , its 3x2 gigs of corsair xms series 1333

I'd take out the 1 gb added stick, set the timings and voltage to their native settings and see how it runs then.

From what I saw on the specs list of your ram (I hope it's right) it specifies :
Model
Brand CORSAIR
Series XMS3
Model TR3X6G1333C9
Type 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 6GB (3 x 2GB)
Speed DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Cas Latency 9
Timing 9-9-9-24
Voltage 1.5V

Back