• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Pilot the Helicopter in Bad Company 2: A Rainless Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I know the instruction manual tells you the CONTROLS for the helicopter... but it does not actually explain how to pilot one.

Well I took an hour of my busy day and did nothing BUT learn how to pilot the helicopter. Here's what I came up with:

(controls are for PS3. 360 will be similar.)

1. Control and Maintain Altitude

The R2 button ascends the helicopter. This is the most important part of flying. I don't even KNOW what button you use to descend. I never needed that button. (If I want to land I just let it coast until the thing touches the ground.)

The most important thing is to pick a height and use R2 to STAY THERE. No matter what else you're doing with the helicopter... maintaining an ideal altitude is crucial. If you let go of the R2 stick and start shooting... you're going to crash. Let go of R2 and turn the copter? You're going to crash. Aim without holding R2? Guess what.

2. Left analog stick is more important than right analog stick

This is where EVERYBODY screws up. Just because you get the most movement out of the right analog stick.... doesn't mean it's the most crucial to flying. The left analog stick controls whether you're going forward or backwards and how fast. If you merely hold the right analog stick forward while holding the R2 button... you're going to nose dive at a very high rate of speed.

Lift off with R2... press the LEFT analog stick all the way forward... and move the right analog stick BARELY forward to start your run.

More to come.

360 controls are not similar, apparently. Right stick is for pitch(tilt for forward/backward motion).
Descend = left trigger Ascend = R Trigger, with firing/alt fire being the bumpers.

Back