• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI 8800GT problem(s)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skratcheroo

I've been away from the Computer Hardware for quite a while but i retained some of my computer knowledge!

I rebuilt my system to 8800GT SLI run 3dmark06 and scored 12.7K ish. thats with SLI Disabled. If I enable SLI i would still get the same Score so i reinstalled my drivers, renabled SLI and i would get the IDirect3dDevice:: Present Failed. But if i disable SLI, 3dmark would rum all the way and i'd still score 12ish K.

System:
ASUS M4N72-E
AMD Phenom X4 955
evga 8800gt
gigabyte 8800gt
3gb ddr2 ram
680W PSU

yes the two cards are connected by the SLI bridge aaahahha and are PCI-E powered

:( tnx

is one of my cards defective??

i realised that i would get NVLDDMKM STOPPED WORKING whenever i run 3dmark06 or games like BF Bad Company 2. If i enable SLI, 3dapps would freeze and crash causing nvlddmkm error. if i disable SLI i can run the 3d apps likes longer. ive been playing BFBC2 for a couple of hours before it crashed compared with SLI enable i only last a minute at most.

Back