• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paethos

I haven't flashed a BIOS in years, and the time has come once again. I just bought the Phenom II 555 (AM3 cpu) for my AM2 board, and it will only work if I update the BIOS. I've been reading a great deal on flashing from my USB, but every place I look seems to have a different approach, the vital system files aren't handy, and/or they're talking about booting Windows and not flashing a BIOS.

Considering all the different OS out there and potential methods, can someone explain to me a tried and true method that will work on my Windows XP SP 2, with a M2N SLI-Deluxe board?

HP USB Format, I did this to FAT32, and I threw some DOS bootup files on it. It didn't recognize my USB and went straight to Windows XP. That's about as far as I got. I can't view the files in the USB either, so I can't verify if they're actually there. It's a very annoying process.

Ive just uploaded a boot utility to megaupload for you, just download it from the supplied link, extract the zip file to your desktop, plug in your usb stick, double click on the file labelled HPUSBFW, select file system as FAT not FAT32, enable quick format, select "create a DOS startup disk" and then select "using dos files located at".........browse to your desktop, these files are also included in the zip file.

The only thing left to do then is copy over your Bios BIN file and the flash utility, then just simply restart and make sure you select in your current bios to boot from the USB key.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0WOUC879

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Back