• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlestar MMO?..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like the world needs another MMO...

I'd be more excited for a BSG RTS that takes place during the 1st Cylon war.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of it being browser based either...

but then again, it may not suck quite as much as everyone is expecting. Plus, It isn't going to take 6 years to develop either.

And since it's browser based, good chance it's going to be free to play as well.

I'll check it out once it's done. While I'm not drooling over this, I am interested in seeing what they come up with.

If you are worried about the functionality or graphics of a browser-based game, I would recommend playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online. It is a completely browser-based game based on the same Unity engine that this game will be based on and it has very nice graphics and works very well. It doesn't run in a browser window, it just launches from a browser and runs the client full-screen just like a regular game. I'm just saying, don't write it off simply because it is a browser-based game.

I HATE Battlestar - the GF tried to get me into it and its just a soap opera with partial nudity, sexual tensions, oh yeah and its on a spaceship

Hooray!

I HATE Battlestar - the GF tried to get me into it and its just a soap opera with partial nudity, sexual tensions, oh yeah and its on a spaceship

Hooray!

I didnt like it at first either.. but the second season was what made the whole series grow on me. Before and after that it seemed a bit dry.

Hooray!
BINGO lol

Some of them are so intense lol it drives u insane not to see some action. I hate shows that do that so intense on the subject but you know because of what channel it's on you will never finally see anything. Can't watch any of my wifes shows because of that lol drives me insane.

the suprise that never shows up...

I stopped watching it because the characters interactions were so implausible, if every single person aboard a military ship were s***ing, fighting, political plotting, stealing, and vandalizing stuff so often then the whole ship would fall apart after about 5 minutes.

I am watching Caprica and loving it so far. I haven't watch any of the other Battlestar stuff or anything either so I have no idea what any other BS stuff is like :confused:

I kinda like Caprica.. it isnt... that bad... Its a different style from BSG but you can tell the same sound track guy is used in both series.

I kinda like Caprica.. it isnt... that bad... Its a different style from BSG but you can tell the same sound track guy is used in both series.

Caprica would be so much better if they didn't use "frak," it just draws away from the story and makes it seem like sloppy or lazy writing.

Raising the dead, this game now exists as browser only via bigpoint.com I've played it.. its amusing at best, but probably not a long-term game.. though free so thats a plus.. and since its browser based you can get away with it at work!

I found it amusing for at least a good hour or so at work (i was actually at lunch.. go figure), but still.. its got PVP in every zone if the other faction is around.. all in all its kind of like Pirate Galaxy if you've ever played that.. you can get new ships, upgrade your armor/weapons layouts etc.. but since its through bigpoint.. you can always
purchase "credits" or w/e they are called with real cash and almost totally own the game (like dark orbit) except they force a level restriction on some stuff on this.. a little more balanced?

wow...most of you are poo'poo'ing on Battlestar Galactica. I, and quite a few of my friends found it to be AN EXCELLENT SHOW, Caprica too. Ive also BEEN LOOKING FORWARD to the browser game. I just could not stand the thought of this thread living w/ out someone sticking up for the series.

Edit:just tried the game. In space it looks about as good as Homeworld 2 in terms of graphics. As a character walking around the BSG, it looks like a browser game should. Not bad for a free game, I only played for about 15 min...has potential if you are kicking yourself for something to do.

Last edited:
its a little better than homeworld.. though i guess it depends on which version.. its better than cataclysm imo.. but not far really :p

I've played off/on for maybe 2 hours today (was home watchin the kids) and it certainly has a little potential.. if they update it to anything like pirate galaxy (they have their own java client or browser based) it could certainly hold its own I think. The questing is along the lines of how the free wow mmo web games are.. still.. it beats the pants off minesweeper!

Back