• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 196.75 drivers have been removed... nVidia acknowledges the overheating...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They didn't really have a choice, it was public knowledge within hours of the release.
More importantly, a lot of cards would get RMA'd if they didn't pull them, and guess who the manufacturers are going to bill for the money they loose? Nvidia! It was, after all, their fault the cards roasted.

It's the proper business thing to do, admit a failure to save a ton of money.

OMG so what happened was I usually have my fan speed set at 60%. Then one day I was playing a game and I noticed overheating, I looked into it and my fan speed was set at 20%!!!!

Now when I play games from time to time there will be a lag stutter, where it kind of freezes the game, then it goes back to normal. I wonder if my card is permanently damaged.....

OMG so what happened was I usually have my fan speed set at 60%. Then one day I was playing a game and I noticed overheating, I looked into it and my fan speed was set at 20%!!!!

Now when I play games from time to time there will be a lag stutter, where it kind of freezes the game, then it goes back to normal. I wonder if my card is permanently damaged.....

I'd call up eVGA and see about an RMA. Maybe talk them into a step up :D

^ Yea I was thinking about that and I better do it sooner than later while the issue is still fresh. But I hate the long RMA turnaround times, its a hassle =(.

^ Yea I was thinking about that and I better do it sooner than later while the issue is still fresh. But I hate the long RMA turnaround times, its a hassle =(.

Yes, it's really a pain in the ***.. I waited a MONTH for a CPU once because they kept making administrative mistakes..

Right now I lowered everything back to stock speeds and Ill do some testing later to see if it still freezes up. I do plan on upgrading soon once the new 400 series benchmarks come out. It just freezes up maybe like once every hour or 2 when I game for like 5 seconds.

So if it still does this "freezeup" at stock its RMA time. :cry:

Back