• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post Beep, Check, Gigabyte load bios screen, check, refuses to load any further

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, so im getting a strange error out of my computer, it posts just fine every time, then the gigabyte screen loads up just fine, but it just hangs at the gigabyte screen, and refuses to load any further.
i have tried resetting the bios, but that didnt help the issue, i unplugged all the hdd's, and all but one stick of ram, tried the 4 different ram sticks on their own, but still can not get it to load any further than the gigabyte screen.
any ideas what may be up with my computer?

go into your bios and find the option for displaying logo screen... disable it

it will show you your acutal POST information instead and you can see where its hanging..it will say how much ram and hte timings, what hdds you have etcetc

go into your bios and find the option for displaying logo screen... disable it

it will show you your acutal POST information instead and you can see where its hanging..it will say how much ram and hte timings, what hdds you have etcetc

oh, i should add, it doesnt let me get into the bios, it just loads up as far as that screen, then hangs.

try taking the mobo out of hte case and setting it on the box it came in or any cardboard box.. connect all proper power connections, add 1 stick of ram , 1 hdd, 1 vid card and try to turn it on.. you might have a short somewhere, though they usually result in reboots not lockups
EDIT: make sure you have the internal speaker hooked up to listen for any beep codes

yeah, speaker is hooked up, i get the normal post beep, and nothing else.
i suppose its time for me to take it outa the case, and give it another shot.

Giggady Giggady Gigabyte Bios... oooOH-YEH!

did you pull the battery and isolate the mains when you cleared the bios?

I have the same joy sometimes :D

failing that dance, pull the ram and boot... it helped my bios out of it just before an RMA ;)

yeah, i did just install a new cpu block prior to the ****up.
im just now home again, so i'll see what i can figure out.
and what you you mean isolate the mains bobby?

edit: just pulled out all the ram, and tried to boot it, then shut black down, plugged ram back in, and now it boots up just fine.
thats weird.

By isolate I meant simply, turn off the power and un-plug from the mains supply.

Good stuff if its going again :thup:

sometimes the bios crashes out on the ICH chipset boards :shrug: maybe something flakey about the dual boot.

anyhow as youve found, Isolate the power. Remove the battery and then shock the post check back into life with missing ram.

not sure where the science is but it works :D

please you got it jump started again anyhow :salute:

if its still out of the case check your spacer layout..might have an extra or loose one causing odd shorting

its just the boards bios freezing and not being able to reset itself. Dual boot paradox or something #Laughs#

my boards done it plenty in two different cases and caseless/naked on the table.

just be thankfull you can pull the battery... they put mine under the heat pipes :-/

seems the rams the thing causing the freeze so when you remove it, it resets :shrug:

other than that there quite nice boards.
Giggady Giggady Gigabyte... oooOH YEH!

Back