• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thuban X6 clocks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exvitermini

Registered
The upcoming AMD X6 clocks were revealed on gigabyte's cpu support list. AMD forum.se

* Phenom II X6 1035T - 2,6GHz - 95W TDP
* Phenom II X6 1055T - 2,8GHz - 95W TDP
* Phenom II X6 1055T - 2,8GHz - 125W TDP
* Phenom II X6 1075T - 3,0GHz - 125W TDP

The cpus were listed on the GA-MA770-UD3 board's cpu support list. Which is an AM2+ board so the 6 core CPUs are DDR2 compatible.

Gigabyte Ma770-UD3 Highlights said:
# Supports new generation of AMD Phenom™II X6 processors
# Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
# Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
# Supports AMD Phenom II/ Phenom/ Athlon series processors
# Dual Channel DDR2 1333+ for remarkable system performance

Last edited:
The price is still unknown.
These should be out in april, and a higher clocked model will appear in Q3.

These have turbo mode, so there are architectural changes compared to Deneb, not a completely new architecture though (that will be bulldozer next year), I would expect these to be the same as the server 6 cores just binned to the desktop.

The thuban is a "rebuilt" Phenom II with 2 more cores on the die. There will be more CPUs off the Thuban build. These CPUs will be X4 (and supposedly down to X2), they will feature core unlock, just like their brother the Phenom II.

The release for the Thuban will be in April (expect 2nd or 3rd week). They will be released with the 890FX boards.

The release for the Thuban will be in April (expect 2nd or 3rd week). They will be released with the 890FX boards.

It's going to take a lot of willpower to keep me from springing for a Crosshair IV and Thuban this spring.

Nothing more than this and the Xbitlabs rumor. AMD turbo mode patent.

Thanks for that link. Looks like I have something to read on the train this evening.

AMDozer, I hear you man :D Hopefully my tax check will pay for both of them.

perfect timing :D my wrist is all healed up and I can work weekends again between classes and upgrade :D cant wait to see how the new board, 890fx chipset, and thuban perform.

The thuban is a "rebuilt" Phenom II with 2 more cores on the die. There will be more CPUs off the Thuban build. These CPUs will be X4 (and supposedly down to X2), they will feature core unlock, just like their brother the Phenom II.

I would rather say these are based on Istanbul than Phenom 2.

Anything to back up the X2 ? Because so far Zosma X4 960T is the only one so far which appears on the roadmaps.

Yes thuban will work in AM3 mobos, actually according to Gigabyte's cpu support list even in AM2+ mobos, you will need a bios update for your mobo. According to the link 26th of April is the day.

What's your source on that? I've heard consistent rumor of Turbo for Thuban and certainly hope for it, but I haven't seen any actual evidence of it.

A bit more on the turbo.

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 6 (max 6)
Number of threads 6 (max 6)
Name AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Codename
Specification AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
Package Socket AM3 (93
CPUID F.A.0
Extended CPUID 10.A
Core Stepping
Technology 45 nm
Core Speed 963.2 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 4.0 x 240.8 MHz
HT Link speed 1926.3 MHz
Stock frequency 3300 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V
L1 Data cache 6 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 6 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 6 x 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L3 cache 6 MBytes, 48-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes
FID range 4.0x - 16.5x
Max VID 1.425 V
P-State FID 0x11 - VID 0x0A (16.5x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0xC - VID 0x1A (14.0x - 1.225 V)
P-State FID 0x6 - VID 0x1C (11.0x - 1.200 V)
P-State FID 0x10E - VID 0x1E (7.5x - 1.175 V)
P-State FID 0x100 - VID 0x1E (4.0x - 1.175 V)

Planet3Dnow.de

I hope these will work on AM2+ boards that use DDR2 memory. If so, that might be a nice upgrade for my daughter's system (in sig). That would give me 2 hex core systems and I could directly compare the Intel hex core with DDR3 and AMD hex core with DDR2. If it will work, I would suspect there might be a bit of performance penalty using DDR2 instead of DDR3 ram, but I bet it's not too much of a penalty.

Now if only the price isn't too bad because the Intel Hex sure is cleaning out the bank account. And it doesn't help that to go with the 980x I also had to buy a new board and some DDR3 ram too. :(

A bit more on the turbo.

Planet3Dnow.de

Very, very nice. Time to bust out the babelfish!

I was actually just about to post some theorizing I did about what kind of Turbo modifiers we might see (based on Intel's Lynnfield and Gulftown) and some theoretical performance (based on current becnhmarks of Phenom II and Istanbuls).

17% looks nice and aggressive for a full 6 core OC. I would hope to see individual core OCs in the 30% range which would put it right on par with the most aggressive Lynnfield i7s.

It works on Am2+ mobos, only the question of bios update, seems if you have a gigabyte board you are lucky. So far perfomance penalty seems for DDR2 seems to be sub 5% with Phenom 2 TH had an article on this.
Will be interesting to compare the two ram type on the 6 core but I doubt it will hurt as clocks will be lower than deneb .
An i7920, Thuban comparison seems more appropriate, the 980X die is up against the 12 cores.
I want to see the latency of thuban and the change 2 extra cores will cause, lower clocks is one thing but if the latency gets worse as well those could stack for an effect.

17% looks nice and aggressive for a full 6 core OC. I would hope to see individual core OCs in the 30% range which would put it right on par with the most aggressive Lynnfield i7s.

The Fid seems to top at 500Mhz Turbo, which leaves no room for 30%.

Where is your source on the AM2+ mobo info Exvitermini?

Back