• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Athlon II without changing voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0ddity

So I have an Athlon II X2 215 2.7 ghz. I can only OC using the FSB, and I'm wondering how high I can get it stable, since my motherboard has CPU voltage locked. I currently have it OC'd to 3.4 Ghz, and it's still running pretty cool, about 28C idle. How much more do you think I can OC without upping the voltage?

There is really no set speed. I would presume you are near the limit. Perhaps 3.6 at most.

All systems are different so it's very hard to determine what your upper limit will be. I managed 3.52 GHz on my old 940BE at a manually set stock voltage of 1.36v but, depending on your board, your "stock" voltage may be higher. I've seen some boards that had manual voltage adjustment run 1.4v or more with the Auto setting.

I think all we can tell you is to keep pushing your clock up in small steps and stress test a little after each step. Once you seem to be as high as you can go you should stress it again for a couple of hours for good measure ...

Back