• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MoBo D915PBL questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ist

Hey peoples, I am totally new here but, I've been looking through your site quite a couple of times. Most of the times I could actually find an answer I was looking for in one of you threads without even registering! But that's a different story.

Now I am in a dead end and I don't know what to do... Well, not actually a dead end. I just don't fully understand a couple of things which make me want to ask you pros a couple of question.

I talk too much. With that said, think of it as my introduction.

Now to business.

I have D915PBL Mobo with Nvidia GeForce 6600 video card.
My CPU is at 3.60GHz and I have 2.50GB of RAM.

I recently got this rig from my late uncle. May God rest his soul.

What I want to do is:

Upgrade my RAM to max 4GB

and

Upgrade my video card to, well, whichever you kind people recommend! :D

What I don't know is, which card or which RAM to choose! I want to order online, but I don't want to make a mistake and order the wrong stuff!

I need help. :fight:

This is what I found for RAM so far:

http://www.directron.com/kvr400d2n3k24g.html

And nothing for video card.

If you have any questions, or you need more info. Feel free to ask. Just make sure that if it's something "technical", I know how to do it.

Thank you all in advance!!!

P.S: I noticed a lot of people saying they have the same MoBo at 3.20GHz and mine is 3.60GHz... Since I got it from my uncle, I am starting to think, maybe it's overclocked? How do I check? I also noticed my BGE bills rose about $200! And this thing IS using 3 fans... :sly:

Back