• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!! (Audio/Sound acting funny)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaeralte

Hi there!

I am new in forums and in fact this is my first post ever and I am desparately hoping that some of you great minds out there can help me out Plz!
Well here is my problem (...my laptop's, HP Compaq CQ40-601TU, actually but since I own it it became my problem) :(
1. Its about just 3-4 months old and since a couple of weeks back when I play any songs there is a wave in the sound output..the volume increases and decreases in a continuous flow with about 2 seconds in between.
2. Second problem: There is a continuous blink of light right across the bottom of the screen. Initially it was the size of a pencil line but now it has grown thicker and reddish in color.

I had called up HP and the tech support rep sent me audio driver bt that didnt helped.

I would really appreciate if you could suggest me how to fix this. (Its a gift from my girl friend and I dont want to throw it away just like that..u know what i mean..)

Sounds like a software issue, might wanna try asking in the microsoft subform.

Back