• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Radeon 5870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duraiden

Registered
I was looking at some cards and I noticed that ncix listed two Radeon 5870's and one of them was a 21161-00-54R and the other was 21161-00-50R Full Retail.

Is there a difference between these cards, or an advantage over the other? Normally they are the same price but the 21161-00-54R is on sale for $20.00 cheaper.

Are the clock speeds and the coolers the same?

They all have the same specs, but I did notice that the 50r came with Dirt 2 and Battlefield something, the 54r doesn't seem to come with anything it doesn't even have a case displayed. There is also one more which has a case displayed but no games.

The one with the games is $459, the one without a case of game is normally $459 but has a 20$ Instant Rebate, and the Full Retail is $455.

Just go with the cheaper one... they sound like the exact same card...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, though it's nice to have the box and extras.

Is the 54r by chance from the "grey market" or a second hand product?

No I don't think so, I think it's probably an OEM since there doesn't seem to be a case shown with it and the 54r is the part number so that would be something issued by Sapphire.

I just thought it might be an improved revision since it costs the same as the other two cards, it just happens to have a $20 rebate right now.

fwiw when I bought mine, it didn't say it came with dirt2 on newegg. I was really disappointed because I really wanted the game, but I bought my 5870 a couple of days after it came out, and choices were not an option, I had to click buy on the first card that showed in stock. Even though egg said nothing about dirt2 my card still came with it.

what should the PCIe bus speed be for the 5870 on a crosshair III formula, without OC'ing??? mine is currently on 100mhz, is this the recommended speed??

Back