• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D2 ladder reset and patch today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Khemikal

Blizzard is resetting the Diablo 2 ladders and pushing out a new patch today at 9AM PDT. The expected downtime is about 6 hours.

Unfortunately it is a LONG week at work (12+ hour days) so I won't be able to race to the top of the ladder, but I will be playing when I get a chance. I play over on USWest both soft and hardcore. Haven't picked out a new account name yet.

Apparently its been on the PTR for quite some time now.

It has one new secret area, and they fixed one dupe exploit, but not much else. Still, props for updating a really old game.

They took them off the forums but it was a wee bit more than blackout described.. A LOT of character skills have changed.. The Barbarian will be a lot better which I love!

1. High rune drop rates have been increased.
  2. They have done a good job of getting rid of TPPK.
  3. Don't have to re-equip gear on your mercenary after you die to start auras granted to the merc by gear.
  4. Fixed another merc bug about removing one of two aura giving items off a merc and not getting the second aura to activate.
  5. Runeword 'Principle' should properly apply its stats.
  6. Fixed bug so you can't trade bug an aura.
  7. Fangskin drops proper items in Hell.

There are a few of class changes to help balance the game. Handful of other changes too.

EDIT: -nofixaspect is a new argument that when playing in windowed mode can pop the game out of 4:3 ratio for those of us on wide screen monitors. Can't believe I missed this one the first time.

Last edited:
Can someone post the patch I want to see what they added in comparison from 1.13b on PTR to now 1.13c.

Patch Changelog: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23766804014&sid=3000

As for me, I've been playing a bit, reached level 20 (Barb), Act III (just started), but that was at the cost of approximately six or seven total connection interruptions (and so it slowed me down considerably in my progress since I had to restart a few quests entirely). I think that the servers are saturated right now, too many players on, I guess, but one would think that a big company like Blizzard could have good servers enough for a decade-old game to allow it to run properly, heh.

They finally removed the iron maiden curse from oblivion knights. Pretty sweet for all melee characters

Will make A4 Chaos Sanc runs a lot easier too. Won't have to revive the merc ever 30 seconds.

The beauty of it is, you can actually run it with a melee char now. I worked on a Fury Wolf once and got it to level 97 (a duel char) and I wouldn't last a second in there, ridiculous. Anyway now all I do is MLD. Takes a lot less time and is actually a lot more fair. MLD=level 49 duels btw. Will make a High Level Duel barb though. I think they'll be superior, now that they don't even need a single boost in mana for WW. Plus the fact the damage will be greater.

Barbarian

- Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
- Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.

I am just pleased to see a new abundance of ladder only stuff now on non-ladder.

Took em long enough!

Back