• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

Hi all,

Got a problem with my Super Talent 32GB SSD, model FTM32GX25H. It's worked well for several months in my HTPC as a boot drive, now I problems. with no warning it stopped booting, tried to reinstall Windows 7 premium on it, but it would not. Brought it to another computer (windows 7 pro) and the computer sort of sees it. It registers under BIOS and windows as a 128GB drive. Windows sees it in Disk Manager as being 'Not Initialized' When I go to initialize it as MBR I get the error "The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up to date" When I refresh the view I get the same error. When I try to initialize as GPT I get the error "The system cannot find the file specified" but it does allow me to try and format the drive, which fails. I've searched the Super Talent web site for something like a low-level format utility but cannot find anything. Ther phone support keeps telling me no one is available, send an e-mail :argue: any ideas on what to try next?

Back