• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Zalman Reserator 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoliani

Is there a way to mod the Reserator 1 to power on/off simultaneously with the computer?
A switch that can be plugged into the MB.

Don't have a clue. Seems no one has one of those around here. Well there was one guy but he got rid of it quickly once he learned of all the problems and poor performance.

Sorry, just don't know anything about that system.

Don't have a clue. Seems no one has one of those around here. Well there was one guy but he got rid of it quickly once he learned of all the problems and poor performance.

Sorry, just don't know anything about that system.

:D

I believe he kept it and uses it on secret projects of shame.

on a diy level a 12v relay switch off the psu would maybe be a way to go about it.

myself first thing would be rip the crapo pump out of it to eleviate the restriction and buy decent 12v pump ;)

also G11 and petras pt nuke.

its a steel base with alu body, #Chuckles# excuse me... I want to turn mine into a mortar canon, seems better suited to firing potatoes :shrug:

Edit. dang it,I just tripped myself into admission :-/ burning crosses on the lawn again #Laughs#

Last edited:
I just put a DD D4 and bypassed the factory pump after forgetting to turn it on once.

There is no sense in making fun of his equipment, you 2! It doesn't help him out a bit, distracts other people from helping him and doesn't educate him in a more proper bit of watercooling kit and I've had about enough of the ridiculing! If you can't help out, then just don't hit the freaking post button, understand?

muddocktor

@ nicoliani, I use this Sunbeam 110V/220V AC Pump Relay Switch to run my Iwaki pump and it has worked well for me. It installs in a pci slot but that is just for placement only and it actually doesn't have any fingers connecting to anything in the slot. Maybe they make a version of it that comes with a plug that fits German electrical sockets.

And as you probably have gathered from the ones I just edited, Zalman watercooling isn't the best in the world and it mixes metals in the loop, so be sure to run the prescribed anti-corrosives in your loop. And I have also heard bad things about the pumps they use too, so keep a watch on that.

And I have also heard bad things about the pumps they use too, so keep a watch on that.

from my experience I would be looking towards a new 12v pump.

no need for any switch then, just a cable extension.

plus you lose some restriction and gain performance all round.

I just think the moneys more efficiently spent not shelling out on the switch and adressing the pumps long term prospects.

anyhow...

yes mud :salute:

Im feeling the desired combo of educated and shamed. I thank myself once again :bang head

Mudd, where did I make fun of the OPs issue? I just didn't know and stated that. Bobby and I were just having fun, you know the pics of his rig was can I say, amazing?

I understand your point tho. We, Bobby and I didn't help the op, we got on a tangent. Others did help.

I didn't follow the mission of OCF, I apologize.

Back