• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Warhead Benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
I debated putting this in the benching section, but more of you gamers probably know what's up than the benchers. I'm trying to get this thing working to give a 'real life' example of the difference between particular pieces of hardware.

Unfortunately I cannot get the benchmark to work and my google-foo is failing me after lots of searching.

What I've got is the system in my sig (currently it has an i7 860 in there, stable @ 4GHz) running Windows 7 x64. The game itself seems to run just fine.

Using HOC Crysis Warhead Benchmark v. 1.1.0 and 1.2 (because the other available tool won't even run), the bench will not complete. Using the first map (airport) it says "benchmark aborted" and that's it. I didn't do a darn thing to abort it.

Using the second map, it seems to complete, but stops and gives me an error saying there aren't permissions for a folder named simply 'config'.

I'm running the program as an administrator. Changing to Vista compatibility mode doesn't help either.

My overclocks are rock solid stable and went through all of the 3D marks from 01 to Vantage. Nothing's being pushed here, so it has to be a software issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Interesting thought. Will try that once I get the new RAM and run all the benches again. Don't want to have to re-run them by introducing an additional variable. Yikes!

different drivers shouldn't cause problems for a review in 2D stuff. 3D stuff is where you would have the potential for changes.

Might also want to reinstall the bench.

Back