• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 Ultimate restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarlD

alright, i've had Win 7 Ultimate 64 for a while now, pretty smooth sailing so far. However recently my Windows will pop up a box from the Action Center saying that it can't detect any Antivirus and restarts. I use Comodo, just uninstalled old version and installed the new one, thinking maybe there was an issue with the install. nope, same issue. I don't know whats going on, any advice would be helpful

Action Center doesn't detect all AV's. However, it is strange that it is restarting due to not finding one. You should be able to disable the AV notification in Action Center and in Windows Security Center.

yeah, idk, right now it shows Comodo but after a while it'll just pop up, "No AV detected" and restart...very annoying

Had a similar problem with a client's PC.

Thought it was hardware but everything was checking out great.

Ended up reformatting and reinstalling Win7 Ultimate. Run Malware Bytes from malwarebytes.org and see if it picks up anything.

Use it for the firewall only and use avast for your Anti-virus.

Windows Recognizes Comodo and i've never had an issue with it until recently with this restart, and it does it with Windows Defender

Had a similar problem with a client's PC.

Thought it was hardware but everything was checking out great.

Ended up reformatting and reinstalling Win7 Ultimate. Run Malware Bytes from malwarebytes.org and see if it picks up anything.

well i downloaded it and ran it. it picked up a couple of trojans that Comodo didn't pick up, and it's run fine till the last day or so, and it's back, i ran Malware Bytes again and it didn't find anything....I'm at a loss...I REALLY don't want to reinstall Windows

Back