• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Obsidian 800D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

I am building a new system and have had my eye on the Corsair Obsidian 800D
have not come across any threads on it though :shrug:

What do you all think about the case?

Most people consider it one of the best watercooling cases.

I don't have any personal experiences though.

If you don't need the hot swap hdd bays, the 700d that is coming out very soon will cost a lot less.

800/700d are great cases. You get what you pay for IMO. If set up right, the air cooling can be greatly improved.

Last edited:
If you don't need the hot swap hdd bays, the 700d that is coming out very soon will cost a lot less.

800/700d are great cases. You get what you pat for IMO. If set up right, the air cooling can be greatly improved.

The only real thing that appealed to me about the 800D was the hot swappable HDD bay. Without it you have a case that can do watercooling but doesn't really offer anything new.

I have Loved My TT armor for years , but i have been waiting to see the Price of the 700d in CND$ . ( I would Never use the hot swap bays of the 800)

You can check the front page for the article I wrote. SHAMELESS PLUG HERE.

Most people consider it one of the best watercooling cases.

I don't have any personal experiences though.
I do. If you are looking for a monster case that will hold up to a triple rad (even double depth) has oodles of cable management options, this is the way to go.

While the cooling results are not the best (compared to my old 1200), they were only a couple C off in my non scientific testing. Im about to mod my window to allow a 120/140mm fan as intake to get some cooler air in there...

One note to the OP is that you can look at the "SIMILAR THREADS" section below. There has been a bit of discussion on this recently outside of my review. ;)

Last edited:
I am thinking about the 800D as it does look really slick and i am building a new system that will be water cooled so it seems the case for me.

Haven't seen many mods on it though only one i have come across is taking out the bays at the bottom of the case to make room for a 240 Rad

Back