• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag10

Im looking at upgrading my SFF box's CPU from the current x2 4000+ @2.6Ghz to a better Am3 CPU. Im looking at sub $100 atm and was wondering what would be the best upgrade for the money.

I have a Biostar TA970GX XE probly need to do a bios flash to support the newer AM3 CPUs, but thats no worries really. Also im leaning towards Phenom II x2/3 dont thing the x4's are sub $100.

Also if somone can provide a real world comparison from my 4000+ to said Am3 would be the awsomesauce!

BAM! Talk about sub $100! Hahaha.

As for a review, here you go. It doesn't have the 4000+ in there, but the 5000+ is compared and it is better than the 4000+.

hmm seems the 630/620 is a good bet. Too bad they didnt include the 5000+ in the gaming benchmarks but from the others the 630 is roughly 2x better performance wise across the board.

I was somewhat surprise to see the 630 best the 550 in gaming TBH. Besides the 4x cores would help since i tend to multitask even while gaming lol

Back