• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua D-14 & Gigabyte Mobo... Will it fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

Will the noctua d14 fit on this board without covering the ram slots or blocking any parts?

I dont wanna spend all that money and it dont fit, also says am2 am3 backplate required. Does that mean I need to remove the mobo to install it? (what is a back plate.. the metal part on the back side of the mobo)

This is the board I have with the antec 902 case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128398

Ty
n8:burn:

N8N8N8,

I looked on this page here on Noctua's website and they show your board as compatible. Looking at your board, if your ram has tall heatspreaders on them you might have problems installing your ram. This isn't so much the mobo's fault or the cooler's fault as I place the blame for this squarely on the memory manufacturers. These people have known for a few years that high end air cooling is likely to run into interference problems with tall heatspreaders, but they still insist on putting those absurdly tall heatspreaders on their ram. And it's not just 1 company doing it either, but rather all of them do this to high end ram.:screwy:

This was easily found by running a simple search with your favorite search engine, BTW. While we don't mind helping people out here, you will get much better responses if you at least try to do a little research yourself. I'm not trying to be a hardass about this, but if you depend on other people to do all the legwork for you, then soon you won't get any help and you will never learn anything either. Take this as constructive criticism and not as an insult or trying to belittle you, man. :)

ty :) That is true thought. I do research online, I just like to double check to get someone else opinion. Its not like I just post a questions and wait for a response tho it might seem like it. I understand where you are coming from and no offense taking....

From what I can tell my ram does have heat spreaders so it might be a problem.... Guess I need to measure the height of the ram up from the mobo. What if it will not fit... I need to go with another cooler is there another way around it. Never had this problem before

Ty :)

Theres my ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231193

Back