• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What'd I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spartacus51

I recently pulled my HS off of my Athlon t-bird socket to clean and lap. After doing so I had lower temps so decided to try to give it a boost. Well the boost failed and when I finally got access back my multiplier and FSB had been reset, no big deal, except when I went to crank my multiplier back up (unlocked with pencil) it wouldn't budge. I tried cleaning the pencil off and reconnecting, still no go. Everything else is working fine though, what happened? (Can still adjust FSB)

Try to re-pencil. Its possible that with the HS reinstall you ruined your original pencil job and your second pencil job is bad. Simply reapply.

Well it's fixed now.

What could have happened...

I lapped the core a little before I had the problem, I think I may have rubbed some of the pencil off. After having the problem I removed the pencil, perhaps some oil from my hand was still on and there wasn't a good contact. Popped it out tonight, washed it down in alcohol and re-penciled it. Works now.

Thanks again

Back