• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

delta hs fan or 92 mm blow hole?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hduong

Hi I'm thinking of replacing my fan on my fop32 with a delta fan. Would that be better then putting a 92mm blow hole in the side of case? I wanted my load temps to be under 50 deg. I 'm using artic silver 2 with the fop32. Don't wanna do both because of noise.

here's my specs

cpu temp 48 idle and 54 load
system @ 29-30 deg.

thanks

Cut a blow hole in the side directly over the CPU. Mount a Sanyo Denki 92mm Mini Ace 32 blowing in. On the bottom front fan, reverse it to blow out. If you have a rear fan opening, block it with a sheet of something, preferably metal. Your FOP32 will love you for it. If you have not already done so, lap that FOP-32. You will gain 2C as its baseplate finish is very poor. I should not have to tell you this, but make sure you are not using the TIM pad that came with it. Use a quality thermal grease like Arctic Silver instead.

Hoot

One strategically placed 92x32mm will do the trick, assuming you don't live in the tropics.

Hoot

ok update: even with a house fan blowing on the case at high setting it still has a 48 deg idle(or 20 deg above system temp). I think its my heatsink thats not up to par. going to get a new heatsink fan. thanks.

Back