• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was reading this article and it got me thinking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

http://easyhdtv.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-comes-after-1080p_19.html

Resolutions have pretty much topped out (for every day use) at 1080p. Mostly because it takes so much data to display at higher resolutions. (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I know monitors out there have higher resolutions, but are they just smaller because of the information being sent to them?

That said. I saw the part about plastering our houses with 200" flat panels, and I was thinking how true this could possibly be. Think about it, you can change the color of your house like a desktop wallpaper, or even better a Screen saver. You could even mimic the environment like the Predator and make your house look invisible. Think of how nice the landscape could look.

Seems so Sci-fi.

From what I understand (disclaimer), there isnt enough bandwidth for cable/satellite to send any signals over 1080i/p with audio so that may be the limiting factor.

It is sci-fi...Maybe Im old school, but I wouldnt do that, even now if I was butt arse rich.

Well I was reading a post on Hard Forums dating back to 2006. One of the guys said he will be sad when he sees his $2500 dollar TV for sale for $250. Now I don't know what size he has, but if it was a 32", then we are there. As for the cost, I can see the prices coming down so far that it can compete with the price of a gallon of paint. Think about it, people throw perfectly good CRTs out to replace them with a LCD. I wasn't so much thinking we would be replacing our house paint with LCDs, but rather new houses would be built with this option.

I've had that virtual wallpaper idea in my head for years. If it was cheap enough I'd totally digitize my walls!

Back