Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

[O/C]A Forum Wars Journal Part 3: Very Unsafe Scores

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 12:52 PM Thread Starter   #1
Overclockers.com

[O/C]A Forum Wars Journal Part 3: Very Unsafe Scores

A Forum Wars Journal Part 3: Very Unsafe Scores
by KonaKona

Quote:
In case you missed the first two installments of A Forum Wars Journal:Now before I start today, I must increase the vocabulary of all 5 readers of this article by an entire word! The word, is 'welp'. Now current definitions aside, it is a word invented by me and one of my buddies that is used to express disappointment. For instance,

"I was about to win that race but someone spun me out on the last lap."

"Welp."

See? Simple word, go use it to you're heart's content; it's free! More importantly, it is the best single word to describe almost everything in this article. Unfortunately I would get in trouble if I just put "Welp." for an entire article, so I must elaborate just a slight bit. Let's start at February 21.

This started out with me applying a liberal amount (9 blocks!?) of kneedable eraser (which I like to call kneedE) to my TPower i45. Now the first problem with this was that it took about 2 hours, but that wasn't as bad since I planned on spending the entire weekend benching. The other problem was that the layer of kneedE on the board was thick enough to prevent the northbridge heatsink from being put back on. At the time, I was on livechat and I could have sworn someone in chat said it would be OK if I ran without it. Bad idea...
Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by mdcomp; 04-07-10 at 12:58 PM.
Overclockers.com is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-07-10, 09:26 PM   #2
Conumdrum
Wants Old Title Back
Didn't Get It

Wow! It actually sounded like fun!

It's a lot better than working on the car and finding out 75 miles from home you made a boo boo and it's raining, the boss calls your late, you get a ticket becuse the cop said you shouldn't have tried to refigurate the overdrive bearing in a transverse manner.

It was all in the privacy of your own little nightmare!

Keep up the hard work for the FWs!

I had fun reading it, thanks for sharing!

900 watt (1500VA) UPS
27" ASUS VG 3D/Nvidia V2 3D glasses and 24" Acer H243H
Conumdrum is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-12-10, 12:57 PM   #3
MIAHALLEN

Good stuff KK....thanks for writing this up.....I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR CPU WITH A GPU POT!!!

MIAHALLEN is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-12-10, 04:59 PM   #4
KonaKona
Trashcan Man Member

hehe, thanks guys.

Maybe one of these days I'll use that GPU pot on a GPU?

Member of the MOAR VOLTS™ club.
KonaKona is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-12-10, 05:51 PM   #5
Bobnova

What, are you nuts?

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.