• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMP2 a3/a1 S/N rato?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Just curious about the signal to noise ratio of a3 vs a1 WUs.

I've been getting less a3 then a1 lately. Is this the norm for now or does the a1 server have the hots for my machine?

I used to get mostly a3 work with ~25% a1. Now that dropped to ~33%a3.

What are you guys getting?

Audio,

Are you using "-advmethods"? I think(not sure) that is the current way of insuring a continuous supply of A3s. I just built out another i7 rig and am testing/OCing right now; I'm not going for "-bigadvs" until that's done, but I am getting A3s using -advmethods.

Audio,

Are you using "-advmethods"? I think(not sure) that is the current way of insuring a continuous supply of A3s. I just built out another i7 rig and am testing/OCing right now; I'm not going for "-bigadvs" until that's done, but I am getting A3s using -advmethods.

I'm on my 4th consecutive a3 on the windows smp client. On the Linux, i've had several a1s in a row, both using advmethods.

Dunno much about either though =/

Without -advmethods I wouldn't have gotten any a3 at all. It's set in the config file.

VM Linux client is the only way I'll go right now. The Windows version kept causing BSoDs on my system for unknown reasons. When they get a newer version, I'll try it again.

Here at home I've got 4 a3 and no a1 on Win SMP. I'll check at the office in a bit.

If the a3 work server doesn't connect soon, the client just grabs an a1 from another server to keep busy or perhaps there is a redirect on Stanford's end that ends the same way. Maybe that's why I've been getting mostly a1 work.

Thanx guys. It appears there is a connectivity issue with my timings of when my WUs have been finished. I see by the logs that the client sometimes pings the a3 server for hours before it gives up and grabs an a1. Also it may be a long multi-generational a1 project that my machine has now been committed to finish. My connectivity is up 24/7, but Stanford's servers sometimes aren't available due to various reasons.

It's for the science, not the PPD :shrug:

Well I can't wait until I can build an i7 dual socket overclocked workstation and get some serious bonus pointage :D

Next year there might be a 32nm build in my future (I hope) :)

Last edited:
Back