• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Banned from a game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

I am not, but I'm trying to figure out how they are banning people.

They say they do it 3 ways.

Account
IP
PC

IP is easy to get around
Account you just create another one
PC - Are they banning HD serial, motherboard or what?

NIC card isn't it as people have swapped to different ones.

And how are people getting around it?

I am not, but I'm trying to figure out how they are banning people.

They say they do it 3 ways.

Account
IP
PC

IP is easy to get around
Account you just create another one

I get around it by not getting banned in the first place. It's not that hard, just don't be a douche and you're golden.

if it is a game like WoW there isn't any real way to stop people since it is so easy to make an account and you dont need cd's to install anymore. back in the day you had to a have a new set of cd's

games like Battlefield that are tied to a CD key are harder but still easy to get around.

It is very easy but i will not say how on here.

not sure if there is a way they can ban you based on your hardware...

I get around it by not getting banned in the first place. It's not that hard, just don't be a douche and you're golden.

Yeah no kidding. lol :D

Are you talking about a specific game or just games in general?
Yes www.nittolegends.com

I am trying to work with a moderator on how to eliminate the possibility that the idiots that get banned come back. I know they aren't all buying new computers and such. So how are they doing it.

if it is a game like WoW there isn't any real way to stop people since it is so easy to make an account and you dont need cd's to install anymore. back in the day you had to a have a new set of cd's

games like Battlefield that are tied to a CD key are harder but still easy to get around.

It is very easy but i will not say how on here.

not sure if there is a way they can ban you based on your hardware...

Yeah. This game only takes an email to register with. It logs your IP and PC information somehow. The chodes of the game are getting around the bans easy and coming back and causing issues for everyone with scamming and cheating.

If anyone has any information on how they are doing it, and how to stop it feel free to contact me via PM and let me know so we can get rid of the idiots.

Yeah. This game only takes an email to register with. It logs your IP and PC information somehow. The chodes of the game are getting around the bans easy and coming back and causing issues for everyone with scamming and cheating.

If anyone has any information on how they are doing it, and how to stop it feel free to contact me via PM and let me know so we can get rid of the idiots.

I suggest you PM SilverSinkSam. He'd probably know MUCH more about this than most of us combined here in the gaming section.

I am trying to work with a moderator on how to eliminate the possibility that the idiots that get banned come back. I know they aren't all buying new computers and such. So how are they doing it.

Sorry, no sale. First you say you don't know how they're banning people, and would like to know. Next you say you are working with a moderator who would certainly know how the bans are implemented.

Reported.

Sorry, no sale. First you say you don't know how they're banning people, and would like to know. Next you say you are working with a moderator who would certainly know how the bans are implemented.

Reported.

Sent you a PM

Last edited:
I would like to say thank you Gixxer for understanding and taking the high road.

Last edited:
NittoLegends. Only if they actually created the game instead of giving it away for free with a permanent beta. Good game, but wayyyy too many glitches and hacks :(

NittoLegends. Only if they actually created the game instead of giving it away for free with a permanent beta. Good game, but wayyyy too many glitches and hacks :(

LOL yeah it will never come out of beta because the admins are too busy have fun spending the money they are getting from the customers and little kiddies and from their sponsors. Yes the glitching is out of control mainly for bracket racing, and they are doing other things for head to head racing as well.

People get banned for glitching on a new account squirrel away all the profits and cars and then when it gets banned they make another account and still have all their stuff.

Do you play?

I used to play alot. But I got tired of the glitchers and hackers.

There is no foolproof way to ban someone from it. You can IP ban, but alot of dynamic ip's dont change (my IP is dynamic, but it only changes about once a year). Other than that, theres really no way to ban unless they made you pay for the game and then they ban PAID accounts. It would slow it down then, but of course not totally remove it.

Honestly if you are trying to make a PC based banning more permanent then you need to take the method already there and strengthen it. Without knowing how, there is little use trying to strengthen it.

I used to play alot. But I got tired of the glitchers and hackers.

There is no foolproof way to ban someone from it. You can IP ban, but alot of dynamic ip's dont change (my IP is dynamic, but it only changes about once a year). Other than that, theres really no way to ban unless they made you pay for the game and then they ban PAID accounts. It would slow it down then, but of course not totally remove it.

Well they are banning something to do with the PC as if you get banned you can't create a new account on that computer but you can on another. If they ban your IP you can't do either.

There have been instances where people have bought new computers and are banned from the game without ever having it installed on the computer at all. That tells me they are banning the MAC, a serial or some other ID on the HD, mobo, nic or something.

Honestly if you are trying to make a PC based banning more permanent then you need to take the method already there and strengthen it. Without knowing how, there is little use trying to strengthen it.

This is their 3rd game they have made and you would think they would know what they are doing by now. They claim they are and have done everything to put a stop the cheaters and glitchers. There are still people finding bugs and glitches.

Instance:

With this game if you press alt and space while in a race during certain gears it will freeze the game and you press it again and you'll run astronomical times and win obviously. They put a stop to it, but they found different ways to do it in different gears and at different points on the track. I don't know why they wouldn't just eliminate the use the alt key all together since you don't use it for the game at all...Maybe one reason being is the game doesn't run like MW2 or another game as in the fact that it starts up it's own "engine" and you don't have to alt tab out of it in order to continue working on other stuff.

IDK.

banning by IP address is useless. Most users have dynamic address and simply rebooting the modem or re-dialing if you're dial up user can change the address. Banning the block would affect too many legit users. Plus there's proxy server, some use it to get around ban and some have legitimate use such as to get around ISP's congested connection or to get around ISP's oddball block.

Banning by computer can still work since it gets expensive to replace the parts to reset serial number (and new Windows to get different product #) but there are ways around this.

A drastic action would to make it a criminal offense to circumvent bans, if the banned player was on playing again by any means, the game service could charge them with cyber-crime of some type. But it's rather extreme and may not hold well in court.

I was thinking the same thing as 4GHZ_or_bust. At some point a company will get feed up and seek criminal/civil penalty. Sort of like violating a no trespassing order. I don't see how this is far fetched at all. It is there server you are connecting to, and you did violate their policies and got banned. To people games are exactly that games, some take them too seriously, but to game develops, this isn't a game, it is as serious as you can get to them. Look at the flow of money that game developers get and relie on for providing their "services".

I was thinking the same thing as 4GHZ_or_bust. At some point a company will get feed up and seek criminal/civil penalty. Sort of like violating a no trespassing order.

8 US states do have laws in place. That are called Computer Trespass. Of course they vary in what they mean, but trespassing on a computer is real. Legally anyways.

I was thinking the same thing as 4GHZ_or_bust. At some point a company will get feed up and seek criminal/civil penalty. Sort of like violating a no trespassing order. I don't see how this is far fetched at all. It is there server you are connecting to, and you did violate their policies and got banned. To people games are exactly that games, some take them too seriously, but to game develops, this isn't a game, it is as serious as you can get to them. Look at the flow of money that game developers get and relie on for providing their "services".

Yeah I'm not the problem child here. I'm just trying to help the cause to rid them.

8 US states do have laws in place. That are called Computer Trespass. Of course they vary in what they mean, but trespassing on a computer is real. Legally anyways.

Yes gaining access to someone's PC is a federal offense, but using 3rd party programs to cheat on a virtual game to obtain virtual things isn't a crime in the eyes of the government, but one could argue that if they put real money into the game and had it taken away by these methods I would assume.

Back