• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another hopeless SSN67 problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyHughes

Alrighy guys and gals,

I load up the CD, install the game with no problems, then BLAM.
When I click the 'Play' button on the Autorun menu, it gives an error, but it's not a big deal. This is happened to me before, and I know that clicking on the disktop icon will run it. So I do, and it does.

So I start the game, make a profile, bind the keys and start the game. The cutscenes play fine. The game looks pretty cool, but here's the thing: The first thing I see?

a complete black screen with only the HUD. :rain:

I've read all around this forum, but all the problems are with the NVidia cards. I'm running a Radeon 4200.

Now here's the kicker: When I lower the video settings almost all the way down, I see the same black screen with the HUD, but it lets me control the player. Still can only see the black screen and the HUD. I can sycle through weapons and it shows it on the HUD, but still. Only the black screen. Any advice?

Thanks in advice, Guys and Gals. :salute:

Since OP didn't specify it appears as though they are maybe talking about ShellShock: Nam '67, a somewhat obscure 6 year old game that didn't get very good reviews. At least that is the closest thing I could come up with on a google for ssn67.

Best of luck

So no idea as to what might cause this or how to fix it? The Exact Error was:

Direct3D ERROR ERROR 8876086c

So no idea as to what might cause this or how to fix it? The Exact Error was:

Direct3D ERROR ERROR 8876086c

Well, I have never played the game, but a brief search did seem to indicate that there are known issues running it in Vista. I don't know anything about your PC other than the Vid card that you mentioned.

If you are on Vista or Win 7 I did not find any evidence that anyone had found a way to make it work.

I do believe the drivers on my Radeon are up to date. And I am the admin of my computer.

And I am the admin of my computer.

There's an option when you right-click the exe/shortcut labeled run as administrator. Which if I'm not mistaken still is open on the administrator account. It's kind of the parallel of the su root command in 'nix.

In microsofts vast intelligence they lock out certain features even on the admin account by default that require special access privileges. And even more into their infinite wisdom these locked out features are prevalent in nearly every program run.

Often running as administrator will fix issues with networking issues within a game For example I can't connect to battle net in warcraft3 without it. And server pings don't return in bad company 2 without it. It might be a long shot, but its an easy try and worth a shot. :D

Back