• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C++ Patterns and OO Phylosophy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

Reading some of the threads and see a few C/C++ discussions but not as much as I expected. Java is cool too, it's just a different methodology without exposed pointers. I'm putting this out to see how many folks here are interested in taking their coding skills to the next level and really getting into what OO is all about. A lot of emphasis has switched to the C# as the choice for OO development but for the gaming world C++ is still the best choice IMO.

Patterns, no this is not sewing but you might want to read up on these nuggets of standard developing principals.

STL, use it, love it, hate it, what is it. These are a big time saver and have been optimized for speed and efficiency.

Game Development, can we really write muti-threaded games for these poly core boxes we are building. It's being done and I strongly believe in OO as the way to make it work.

Tell me what you think :comp:

Back