• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 5 heatsinks according to FrostyTech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well seeing as the #1 spot is held by a heat pipe design, I believe its a little bias. Heat pipes allow air and do not give the best coverage as was evident by my Xigmatek. It is also the socket 775 CPUs, it is likely that those things can't even keep up with the i-cores. We already know that the D-14 is a beast, but it looks like a case of bigger/better/faster. I don't think that anyone wants to put in a Heat sink that covers their whole motherboard, So I really think that Heat sink manufacturers should start dabbling in some better hybrid materials and better fastening devices.

Well seeing as the #1 spot is held by a heat pipe design, I believe its a little bias. Heat pipes allow air and do not give the best coverage as was evident by my Xigmatek. It is also the socket 775 CPUs, it is likely that those things can't even keep up with the i-cores. We already know that the D-14 is a beast, but it looks like a case of bigger/better/faster. I don't think that anyone wants to put in a Heat sink that covers their whole motherboard, So I really think that Heat sink manufacturers should start dabbling in some better hybrid materials and better fastening devices.

For a second I thought you meant coolers with heat pipes, and not direct heat pipe coolers. :sly:

Also, this kind of thing shouldn't be in any top ten for cooling things newer than a pentium 3.

For a second I thought you meant coolers with heat pipes, and not direct heat pipe coolers. :sly:

Also, this kind of thing shouldn't be in any top ten for cooling things newer than a pentium 3.

Lol that heatsink looks like something out of a HP from 1998.

Back