• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis problem 5770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prunecandy

ok so iv had my ati 5770 rig for about a month and a half now first intense game i played on it was yesterday and it was mw2 i have everything maxed 60fps average. looks great (alot better than ps3) but today i got crysis and its kicking my butt. i cant get the settings right
my monitor is 1080p so at first i tried that..as soon as i shoot i lag i cant look at fire
i move the res down to 1600x900 and its a little better i average about 15 fps on very high
is this right?? or is something wrong.
i feel like my system should be doing better

Sounds like AA is too high to me. My bro played and beat Crysis at 1920x1200 with a mix of high/very high settings and 0xAA or 2xAA with a HD5750. You could also try playing in DX9 mode.

i set to dx9 and now it looks amazing 30fps solid almost finished the game just gotta wake up early but its been fun and the end is trippy.
when i add another 5770 will the dx10 be able to run all very high,
also will overlcocking my 5770 make a difference in this game?

I would overclock your CPU first. 3.1 is slightly to low for an AMD chip with a 5770. Bump it up to about 3.4 to eliminate the bottleneck.

Yes, OC the CPU by a little, and OC your GPU as far as it goes (should easily do 900+). In Crysis you usually gain the most out of GPU, unless your CPU is an old architecture and below 3 ghz (which yours is not). But for most other games CPU OC will be beneficial (in some, very beneficial) so getting that 550 to 3.8 - 4 ghz with an aftermarket cooler would help a lot for games in general.

There is very little to no visual difference in Crysis between DX9 and DX10.

Use the Gamer-Max config on this page:

http://shadowdane.shackspace.com/Crysis/index.html

Gives you quality like very high but with better fps.

ok just beat it with that downloaded it was alot better
30fps average on all high with shadows on medium
didnt run it at 1080 i ran at 1440x900 it was perfect
even though the first half of the game was boring it was fun
thanks for the help guys

Yeah, OC that processor. I have a GTX260 and my ave FPS is around 40 on Very High settings with Real lifesys installed. So get a cooler and crank that sucker. If you want I can give you the link to the cooler I have on mine. It's under $30 and I got a good 14-15 degree drop under load.

Hmm, this sounds wrong, as I watched a video today, of somebody running a Q6600 clocked at 3Ghz, with a 1GB 4850, 700/1150, and they maxed all of the settings out, with 2X AA, at DX10, and they were getting 27-35 FPS.

I will try and find a link to the video :)

Hmm, this sounds wrong, as I watched a video today, of somebody running a Q6600 clocked at 3Ghz, with a 1GB 4850, 700/1150, and they maxed all of the settings out, with 2X AA, at DX10, and they were getting 27-35 FPS.

I will try and find a link to the video :)

Intel != AMD...

The q6600 could be clocked at 2.66GHz and match up to an AMD PII at about 2.8GHz.

I would like to see this video though... I'm pretty doubtful of it.

!

Intel != AMD...

The q6600 could be clocked at 2.66GHz and match up to an AMD PII at about 2.8GHz.

I would like to see this video though... I'm pretty doubtful of it.

Don't go there man! on the Intel/AMD war. Value:performance Intel get their asses handed to them :p, and I'll just look though my history now :)

EDIT: Here is link, and my bad, his 4850 was at 800Mhz, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference here, tell me if I made a mistake anywhere here :p

Yeah, OC that processor. I have a GTX260 and my ave FPS is around 40 on Very High settings with Real lifesys installed. So get a cooler and crank that sucker. If you want I can give you the link to the cooler I have on mine. It's under $30 and I got a good 14-15 degree drop under load.
yeah go agead and link the cooler
i plan on buying a new one next week from newegg

Don't go there man! on the Intel/AMD war. Value:performance Intel get their asses handed to them :p, and I'll just look though my history now :)

EDIT: Here is link, and my bad, his 4850 was at 800Mhz, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference here, tell me if I made a mistake anywhere here :p

wheres the link?

Debatable...
Intel's overclock miles so as long as you're planning to overclock it's MUCH better value to go for Intel over AMD.

ok so i think this is wierd...
i switched everything back to dx10
switched everything to very high on 1440x900 (last time i tried this major lagg 15fps average)
this time
35fps avg
31 durring explosive fights
2x aa vsync
whatever i did it worked haha

Sounds odd to me, and whats with the AA. Why not play highest settings with no aa. Its a much better graphical increase then high with AA.

ok so i think this is wierd...
i switched everything back to dx10
switched everything to very high on 1440x900 (last time i tried this major lagg 15fps average)
this time
35fps avg
31 durring explosive fights
2x aa vsync
whatever i did it worked haha
What I think is weird are the numbers you are putting up with vysync enabled. It should only see like 30/20/15 etc...vsync locks your frames to your refresh rate or a multiple below if it cant hit it.....

Back