• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5850 3dm vantage scores, right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

The reason i'm asking as my score jumped up by around 10k after going from 2.66 to 3.6ghz on my i7 and the gpu score raised almost 10k without increasing the speed leading me to believe that this gpu may be bottlenecked on a stock i7 920. Am i right and are these scores looking right?

Current clocks stayed the same at 850/1150 stock volts

3dmarkproof.png

Last edited:
The reason i'm asking as my score jumped up by around 10k after going from 2.66 to 3.6ghz on my i7 and the gpu score raised almost 10k without increasing the speed leading me to believe that this gpu may be bottlenecked on a stock i7 920. Am i right and are these scores looking right?

Current clocks stayed the same at 850/1150 stock volts

3dmarkproof.png

Well, entry is 1024x768 which is a highly CPU dependant resolution. Even though one should think an i7 @ 2,66GHz should be able to take care of a 5850 on most resolutions, the lower you go, the harder it'll be on the CPU. Try the Performance one like mattspalace suggested. On the setup you see in my signature I can just reach 22000.

3dmarkproof.png

ok cheers, thats actually on stock clocks the ccc although uninstalled is messing with my afterburner clocks saving, gonna try upping my i7 and gpu later, cheers.

Back