• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC a e8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buster101

hello, i have been browsing some sites, and looking on youtube for information on overclocking my e8400, and information in general.

im a Noob with a capital N if it comes to over clocking, i never done any thing like this, i got no programs running to watch my hardware perform etc..

im not a idiot though, i build the computer my self, and i follow instructions very well :)

my Q is, can i, and how do i over-clock my e8400.

atm i need a bit more cpu power, so if i can get a little but more juice out of it with out touching volts and ram timings etc.. ( thats to difficult :p )
i would realy love that.

now i seen a youtube video of a guy over clocking a e8400 to get 600 more out of it, with out touching other things, like volts etc..

im looking for a simple way to do this, and if u know what im talking about is that guy right?

my specs:
motherboard - asus p5ql pro
power - real power m520 ( cooler master )
RAM - 2x 2 gig DDR2 ( ocz technology )
vid card - asus EAH 4850 TOP hdmi 512 ddr3
cpu - intel core2 duo e8400 s775 4x333mhz 6 mb

all is in a antec 300 case, with 1 extra fan, and the case is ALWAYs cold..

- im not sure if u allowed to post questions like this, or if im in the right spot, i did read the faq and the posting rules -

thanks in advance.

Back