• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How yall like my new work station?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
23439023.jpg

43970979.jpg

Note the cup holder and pop out on the left. No more jockying for USB sockets (Powered Belkin USB hub). On the right we have user cooling as well. Also check out those temps Here is why:
36915972.jpg

14495938.jpg

Other than the front bezel all case covers are removed. 50% perf outside with black mesh AC filter mtl.
59033666.jpg

56708400.jpg

Station on left is daughters homework area, note the book bag.

This is on a dedicated 30A 220V circuit broken @ first receptacle. All leads are run through wire-ways to prevent entanglement and animal/child damage.

Well there are several why's to this being DIY. First and foremost was clean power!!! Sensitive electronics need their own circuit. I know it sounds crazy but turn on the vacuum or a window AC unit. The lights dimming is from a drop that drop can cause PSU stability issues and reboots. Remember that even the draw that is not noticed by you is noticed by electronics. Neatness was the number two reason child-dog proofing another on and on.

My home is a modular and I am slowly making the manufactured look go away and adding value in the process.

Tidy well executed number there archer :thup:

so true about poor mains conditioning too. (I only have one circuit in this old house so I feel the hassle of naff power sometimes)

ATM I am using my AMD 7750 X2 @ 2.9Ghz 1.25v (this is a work station I don't use quads for that), a Radeon 3850. Biostar 128M AM2+ MB, Antec 500W psu. 6gigs Kingston 667 ram, Win7-64 320WD PATA boot drive, 2 160GB WD SATAII HDD in a stripe for software and games. A 250GB Seagate for backups, a 22" ACER LCD, G wireless (why the hell anyone needs N for internet I will never know), 2 internally mounted 128Meg usb keys for important personal data, 500 GB USB external backup for pictures.

6x 30A 110 outlets 1 dedicated 7x 15A outlets broken down with custom breaker setup.

2x 8" fans for cooling user and PC

Epson workforce 500 for all of my document-fax needs

Really nice!, looks very clean and productive. I like your desktops wallpaper too, simple and colorful.

Not sure i want to know why you have a fan that aim's at the crotch area ;) ;) (i assume the lotion and tissues are in another cupboard)..lol

i do like the fan on top, my hands get so sweaty while gaming.

The lower fan has been reversed and blows through the filtered perf screen. By changing the fan direction I have lowered temps by 2-5*.

I have another station with the lotion:)

Back