• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of inputs do I need for a pair of Studiophile AV40s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kibokun

I'm considering a pair of M-Audio Studiophile AV40s and I'm not sure if I have the right ports to support it without buying a dedicated sound card. (Don't worry guys, that's on the wishlist too.) I've got the basic orange, black and green ports from the motherboard in my sig.

If I do in fact need a sound card, what should I be looking for?

I'm looking in the sub $100 range, primarily for music. I don't care about my audio performance for games. (Hence why I'm ditching my clunky, desk-cluttering 5.1 system.) Also, I've only ever really listened to my Logitech X-series for audio, so my ears are likely not good enough to tell the difference between a moderately good mainstream sound card and an audiophile sound card, so hopefully the tight budget is okay.

Thanks guys

you might need a 1/8 inch stereo to RCA cable, a quick google and I saw that the speakers are powered (meaning they have amp built in) so you just have to match the physical plugs to deliver an analog source. the headphone to rca cables can be had for cheap from places like allelectronics.com

Is this what you're referring to? If so, then yay. They're quite cheap.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2

That along with 2 standard RCA cables n u will be set OP. no need for a dedicated sound card right at this moment onboard will do pretty good, but will generally have more noise than an add in card.

If you wanna pretty damn decent sound card see if you can find an XFI xtrememusic. Pretty good components from the factory, and there are many how to's to bring it up to audiophile spec on the cheap.

Back