• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony Unveils OLED Display for Professionals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like all new technologies (SSDs, anyone?), it'll be hella expensive at first, then drop rapidly in coming years. If you've seen one of the OLED TVs in person ( I saw the 11" one you mentioned, that retailed at $2500), they do look very nice. It does offer the nicest picture I've seen, on a screen that's about as thick as a few pieces of paper, while emitting just about no heat. But, practical use for a screen that costly is just about 0 to none.

So it got both smaller and more expensive? Seems like a poor trade-off to me.
right
Like all new technologies (SSDs, anyone?), it'll be hella expensive at first, then drop rapidly in coming years. If you've seen one of the OLED TVs in person ( I saw the 11" one you mentioned, that retailed at $2500), they do look very nice. It does offer the nicest picture I've seen, on a screen that's about as thick as a few pieces of paper, while emitting just about no heat. But, practical use for a screen that costly is just about 0 to none.

well in Korea, i think it is, LG has one for sale and its a 17in. would be nice if it was for sale in the US.

Back