• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Don't ATi Update Mobility Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My friend has just bought a new HP Pavilion D7 something something laptop it has the 5430 inside but unfortunatly not the deadicated one which has it's own memory inside.

Anyhoo's he's playing C&C4 on it and he's cranked it up slightly sluggish to him non playable to me, I've lowered the graphics a tad but he complains it dont look good. On that I ended the convo should of bought the deadicated one anyhoo's again why don't they release new drivers for there mobile g.cards.

They say HP and other companies do HP have released non since 24/08/09 says version 1.00A which in the description says original/display drivers.

New drivers from AMD/ATI website support ATI mobility GPU as well i believe 10.3 added support , major reason mobility GPU were not getting updates are OEMs themselves , because they are trying to keep the cost low , instead of testing and certifying new drivers.

ATI has said they were going roll out new mobility drivers along with desktop drivers for every release. This is a change in thier old policy which was lackluster in terms of support. They're are a few companies that won't get updates...I think sony, toshiba and some others...those companies decided to "opt out" of ATI's mobility driver program. A full article here:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2940/5

Can't really find any info if HP have opted out of the driver update program that AMD have just released and I dont think my friend would want to risk installing the 10.3 drivers.

Back